Women's Perspectives #7: Women & Communication
Pubished in 2012
Women & Communication (Women’s Perspectives Issue 7) showcases writings by adult literacy/basic education learners across all levels, including transitions/developmental education students. In the call for writings, student writers were encouraged to think and share their ideas on this theme. Sample questions in the activities included:
- What does it mean to communicate? How do we communicate?
- What is technology? How does technology affect our communication?
- How do we communicate through storytelling? How do we tell or communicate our family stories?
- How does writing our memoirs communicate our life stories to others? What memoirs have meant the most to you?
- What are some challenges to communication, and how do you overcome them?
Through personal stories, poems, opinion essays, advice, or other forms of writing, students addressed issues such as family, community involvement, work experiences, mentoring, immigration support, and educational achievements and goals. The writings show strength, courage, hope, determination, love, kindness, respect and many other attributes demonstrated by adult learners who add value to local and global communities.
Regular Price: $6.00 | Member Price: $4.00
For purchases in bulk (10+) copies, please contact us directly: email@example.com