March 8-10, 2012
WE LEARN Conference & Gathering
WE LEARN offers workshops on women’s literacy issues and training centered on our projects. In most cases, these workshops have been presented at regional and national conferences. If you are interested in bringing a WE LEARN workshop to your areas, please contact us.
Please check our the Resources section of the website for materials, research, and other information related to learning and professional development.
Some examples of past workshops include:
Women’s Literacy and Empowerment - General
- Empowering Women through Literacy: From Experiences to Practical Matters -- Based on using reflections from the book Empowering Women through Literacy.
- Empowering Women through Literacy: Perspectives from the Margins of Basic Education (Specifically designed for Women’s Studies Classrooms)
- Our Stories, Ourselves: The EmBODYment of Women's Literacy
- Women & Literacy: Moving to Power and Participation [OR] Women, Literacy and Power - What Are the Connections?
WE LEARN Project-Based
- Reading to Writing – Using Women’s Perspectives as Lessons for all Learners!
- Resources and Curriculum for Women in Adult Basic Education
- Teachers Supporting Student Writing for Publication: YES You CAN!
- Using "The Change Agent" to Promote Women's Literacy
- Using Women’s Perspectives with Women and Men across Literacy Levels
- WE LEARN: Finding Women's Literacy Power through Women-Centered Literacy Materials
Women Leading Through Reading: Learning through Discussion/Action Circles
Student Leadership / Writing Publications
- Claiming Our Voices and Leadership: A Workshop for Students
- Women Learning to Leadership: Opportunities for ABE Students
Professional Development for Educators
- Embracing Mind, Heart & Spirit: Renewal and Reflection for ABE Practitioners
- Heart & Soul for Head & Hands: Rejuvenating Practitioners
- Sexuality/Gender Diversities in ABE: Exploring Key Issues
- The Fun and Value of Student Writing Publications
In the coming months, we will sponsor discussion groups and study circles through blogs and teleconferencing. Please check back for future offerings.