WE LEARN takes pride in creating a truly unique event. Here are some things you can expect if you attend a WE LEARN (Net)Working Conference & Gathering.
- Women-centered learning environment;
- Adult learners involved as presenters and speakers as well as attendees (Attendance in 2012 was 35% learners);
- Workshop presenters include ABE students as well as teachers and researchers;
- Keynote address, workshops, panels or town hall;
- Exhibit area & Resources exchange;
- Topics that are practical, as well as theoretical and academic;
- Activities that are participatory, hands-on, and/or reflective;
- Spaces for healing, music, making art, performance and storytelling, and other "alternative" happenings;
- Time for physical activity such as walks, exercise, or yoga;
- Healthy breakfast and lunch (with vegetarian options) included;
- A sensory environment filled with colorful banners, fresh flowers, music, art, and other beauties;
- Accessibility: , Spanish-language translation, affordable registration, and more;
- ABE student scholarships and work-exchange for part-time teachers & university students available;
- A friendly, welcoming, warm, and festival-like environment.
Call for Presentation Proposals
Workshop Proposal Deadline: November 30, 2013
Hotel & Registration Information will be posted in December.