"WE LEARN does many things. We get the benefits of great materials, an informative website, a rich conference, and engaging newsletters. More than all of that, though, we get each other. We get to be part of this community of learners, teachers, and leaders who are creating a world in which women’s lives and learning matter, and that’s a world I definitely want to see." -- Karen Wyman, Member since 2006
WE LEARN succeeds because we have supportive members. Many of them actively participate in our activities
WE LEARN involves a diverse community
. We reach out to all people across races, ethnicities, languages, cultures, religious beliefs, sexualities
, genders, economic backgrounds, income levels, and (dis
)abilities. Our members include individuals who are:
• Literacy learners
• Adult basic education students
• College and university students
• Counselors, tutors, and others in supportive positions
• Community activists and …
Anyone dedicated to moving our mission
Program / organization members include
• Literacy and basic education services
• Workforce development providers
• Transitions-to-college programs
• Corrections departments
• Community and social service providers
• Universities & colleges
• Community groups
• …and many others
We suggest a minimum annual dues payment.
However, no one is turned away for inability to send money.
• Basic Individual - $25.00
• Basic Organization - $75.00
NEW: Annual Membership runs from October 1 through September 30.
Benefits of Membership
Discounted rates on WE LEARN publications and for WE LEARN events;
• Voting privileges to select members to the WE LEARN Board of Directors;
• Mailed copies of the WE LEARN newsletter and annual report, and
• Invitations to special events or opportunities.
Please join us.